Client and Community Empowerment
Consumers, carers and community members need to be meaningfully involved in decision making about health planning, care and treatment and wellbeing of themselves and the community.
- Support implementation of person centred models of care that incorporate self management support and goal directed care planning across the health and wellbeing continuum
- Work with member agencies to implement strategies that build consumers’ capacity to engage with services, including health literacy
- Encourage regular service provider information updates in the National Health Services Directory (NHSD)
- Action improvement identified to improve the consumer journey for the local target population.
The INW PCP currently has projects and initiatives underway in the following areas:
Western Melbourne Cross-Sector Community of Practice
INW PCP and Health West Partnership have partnered with the National Disability Service (NDS) to bring you the Western Melbourne Cross-Sector Community of Practice. The purpose is to bring together different sectors to collaborate and exchange good practice to achieve better consumer-directed care outcomes. Using a thematic approach, the network aims to support service providers to successfully navigate multiple service reforms.
NDS coordinated two forums in 2016/17. The Steering Committee is proud to announce another two forums for 2017. The upcoming forums will focus on:
- Promoting self-advocacy in the context of transition (Tuesday 15th August 2017 at 1.30pm – 4pm) Event Flyer
- Workforce development models, strategies and training options (Wednesday 22nd November 2017 at 10am – 12.30pm)
To join our distribution list, or for further information, please contact Emily Buchanan
Terms of Reference: Western Cross-Sector Community of Practice
Terms of Reference: Western Cross-Sector Community of Practice Steering Committee