INW PCP Prevention Alliance
The Prevention Alliance (The Alliance) is the INW PCP’s prevention partnership group, consisting of member organisations from across Inner North West Melbourne. The role of the Alliance is to lead and advise on collaborative approaches to health promotion and prevention across the catchment, including:
- To identify a shared Integrated Primary Prevention vision, priorities and goals, and develop complementary objectives and strategies for the Inner North West Primary Care Partnership (INW PCP) Prevention action plan and member health promotion (HP) and Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing (MPHW) Plans to strengthen Prevention practice in the INW PCP catchment by:
- Driving a coordinated primary prevention approach to shared prevention priorities across the four Local Government Areas (LGAs).
- Advocating for greater understanding of, participation in and commitment to a collaborative response by agencies within the INW PCP catchment that addresses shared priorities within a social determinants framework.
- Building intersectoral and collaborative prevention partnerships.
- To identify and facilitate opportunities to address Prevention/Health Promotion workforce development needs.
- To collaborate on the development and implementation of a shared evaluation framework and monitoring outcomes for health promotion/primary prevention activities in the INW PCP catchment.
Current membership of the INW PCP IHP Alliance:
- Access Health and Community
- City of Melbourne
- City of Yarra
- Merri Health
- Moonee Valley City Council
- Moreland City Council
- North Richmond Community Health Service
- North Western Melbourne Primary Care Network
- Women’s Health in the North
- Women’s Health West