INW PCP Prevention Priority Areas
In 2017 the INW PCP Prevention Alliance (The Alliance) undertook an extensive planning process to determine priority areas for prevention work in our catchment. Our two priority areas for prevention are:
- Social inclusion: INW PCP developed a shared definition and understanding of social inclusion for the catchment and a shared measurement framework that has been piloted and evaluated with our partners.
- Prevention of violence against women: INW PCP focused on supporting the role of women’s health services in collective evaluation and shared measurement work. We have developed an online interactive evaluation resource as part of the INCEPT project which is a long standing project at INW PCP.
PCP support prevention practice through systems integration, capacity building, supporting evaluation practice and contributing to shared measurement systems and infrastructure.
INW PCP Prevention Alliance
The Alliance is the INW PCP’s prevention partnership group, consisting of member organisations from across Inner North West Melbourne. The role of the Alliance is to lead and advise on collaborative approaches to health promotion and prevention across the catchment, including:
- To identify a shared Integrated Primary Prevention vision, priorities and goals, and develop complementary objectives and strategies for the Inner North West Primary Care Partnership (INW PCP) Prevention action plan and member health promotion (HP) and Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing (MPHW) Plans to strengthen Prevention practice in the INW PCP catchment by:
- Driving a coordinated primary prevention approach to shared prevention priorities across the four Local Government Areas (LGAs).
- Advocating for greater understanding of, participation in and commitment to a collaborative response by agencies within the INW PCP catchment that addresses shared priorities within a social determinants framework.
- Building intersectoral and collaborative prevention partnerships.
- To identify and facilitate opportunities to address Prevention/Health Promotion workforce development needs.
- To collaborate on the development and implementation of a shared evaluation framework and monitoring outcomes for health promotion/primary prevention activities in the INW PCP catchment.
Current membership of the INW PCP IHP Alliance:
- Access Health and Community
- City of Melbourne
- City of Yarra
- Merri Health
- Moonee Valley City Council
- Moreland City Council
- North Richmond Community Health Service
- North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network
- Women’s Health in the North
- Women’s Health West