Northern Integrated Family Violence Services (NIFVS) invites you to join colleagues across CALD and mainstream services to share knowledge and practice to better engage and respond to women who have experienced family violence.
Find out how both everyday prejudices and Visas can impact CALD women with guest speakers:
- Regina Quiazon, Senior Research and Policy Advocate, Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health; and
- Luba Tanevski, Family Violence Case Worker and Registered Migration Agent, InTouch Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence
Share your expertise in working with CALD communities or in responding to family violence and explore:
- What we know about family violence and women from CALD backgrounds
- Barriers to engaging and supporting women from CALD backgrounds
- How we can improve our own practice
Who should attend?
This practice exchange forum is for workers who bring experience in:
- Responding to women who experience family violence
- Working with CALD communities
- Both family violence and working with CALD communities