The Lowitja Institute International Indigenous Health and Wellbeing Conference 2016 will celebrate, share and strengthen Indigenous knowledges and bring together Indigenous people from around Australia and the world. Underpinned by a strong cultural framework, the conference will connect our peoples, and others committed to working with us, to shape our future.
The conference theme Identity | Knowledge | Strength will translate into a unique opportunity for delegates to:
- celebrate Indigenous knowledges in a safe and strong cultural space
- share wisdom and stories, and learn from Elders and each other
- learn about the best science, practices and solutions
- participate in exploratory and difficult conversations and leave the conference with new perspectives and expanded methodologies
- connect and enrich engagement with colleagues and peers
- build and enhance opportunities for partnerships across research, policy and community
- craft a strong statement to inform action and influence national and international Indigenous health and wellbeing agendas
- enjoy a rich and varied art, performance and social program
- leave the conference inspired and energised by our identity, knowledge and strength to drive individual and collective work that benefits Indigenous peoples.