On 15 and 16 April, 2020, the UN Association of Australia will bring together civil society, governments, business and the UN under the theme of building sustainable partnerships.
This will be an outcome-oriented gathering guided by Sustainable Development Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals but designed to encompass all of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Forum is ideally timed as it aligns with the beginning of the second trimester of the UN’s 15-year agenda to transform the world through the SDGs.
The Forum will:
- Support the creation of new partnerships to progress achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Bring together the UN, Governments, private sector, civil society, philanthropic organisations and academia.
- Involve UN agencies and Australian organisations and individuals across business, civil society, academia and government who are leading in building and supporting sustainable partnerships.
The Forum will be designed to:
- create and strengthen partnerships between Australian organisations and UN agencies and Australian organisations with each other
- reach sectors and individuals who may not be aware of how the UN’s work impacts their lives, or how they can influence the UN process
- reach sectors and individuals who want to partner with the UN, government, the private sector but are not sure how to do so
- provide an opportunity for UN agencies and leaders to learn more about the views, desires, and aspirations of Australians, and how they fit with the UN system
- Provide learning and networking opportunities which will aid career and leadership progression