Building the Blocks of Organisational Cultural Responsiveness Toolkit
The Koolin Balit Building the Blocks of Organisational Cultural Responsiveness Toolkit provides member organisations with resources to support:
- Improvements in data collection practices and processes.
- Improving cultural responsiveness through environmental audits and cultural audits.
- Workforce recruitment and retention of Aboriginal employees.
- Cultural models of support for Aboriginal employees.
- Fostering partnerships between mainstream organisations and Aboriginal organisations.
- Culturally appropriate communication and developing targeted resources.
- Cultural responsiveness quality improvement processes.
- Aboriginal employment and training opportunities and programs.
- Policy templates and examples.
Past INW PCP activities
- Cultural awareness training for community health sector employees and management;
- Developing a training package for health staff to improve identification of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander service users incorporating:
- training resource on ‘Asking the Question’
- a short video clip on ‘Asking the Question’
- a Trainer’s Guide on ‘Asking the Question’
- a Powerpoint presentation for staff training
- Developing a Guide: Helping your organisation to create a welcoming environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
- Developing graphic design elements for member agencies to use when developing targeted resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander service users; and
- In collaboration with an Aboriginal Consultant, conducting cultural auditing activities with identified agencies and working with agencies to implement a tailored action plan for improving cultural competency.