This training has been specifically designed for Family Violence Workers who work in direct service delivery, (or supervise workers who do). Participants will build on their existing knowledge of family violence practice by identifying how a trauma informed framework can be adapted to enhance responses to victim/survivors in a non-therapeutic setting.
Please Note: Assumed knowledge – it is assumed that participants will have knowledge and/or experience of family violence practice, including the dynamics of power and control, risk assessment, safety planning and responding to a disclosure.
At the end of the course participants will have gained or be able to:
- An understanding of the impacts and dynamics of trauma for family violence survivors
- Identify trauma responses in survivors and how to respond to minimise further traumatisation
- How to apply a foundational understanding of the neuro-biology of trauma to practice frameworks
- Practical strategies and approaches to increase a survivor’s agency in decision making
- Understand the impact of traumatic brain injury as a result of family violence
- Micro-counselling skills to enhance regulation, grounding and sense of safety
- How to utlise a trauma informed practice approach to increase advocacy for survivors
- Identifying impacts on workers and prevention of vicarious traumatisation
$310 SHS (Specialist Homelessness Service) funded workers
$760 Non SHS (Specialist Homelessness Service) funded workers